Would you rather have your genital surgery abroad? Then make sure that you obtain written permission from your health insurance company, in advance. Properly inform yourself about the treatment, beforehand, as well as about the price and level of reimbursement from your health insurance company.
Preconditions operation abroad
- You must be at least 20 years old. If you are 18 or 19, you need permission from parents/legal guardians.
- You have been living as a man for at least one year.
- You have been on hormone treatments for at least one year (without interruption). This is necessary to stimulate the growth of the outer labia.
- You must consult a psychiatrist in your own country as well as in the country where the operation is to take place (the latter is usually arranged by the foreign hospital).
- You are physically fit enough for surgery.
This text was edited on 9-8-2022
We recommend that you go through all the information step by step to get a complete picture of the different treatment options and the process around them!
Back to overview
Social and mental support